Component Supply distributes and fabricates the wire products listed below. While brief properties descriptions are provided on this page, please visit each individual product page for more detailed information, custom fabrication services, quality and compliance documentation availability, and more specific markets and application examples as these vary by product. Product pages are linked below in the "Wire Products Pages" section.
- 304V Stainless Steel Wire: spring tempered, drawn and straightened with a bright finish. It is strong, flexible and easily welded or soldered. This wire is available in 0.001" increments for diameters ranging from 0.003" to 0.150".
- Music Wire: straightened, hardened spring steel wire primarily used in manufacturing spiral springs. It can endure high tension and stress repeatedly without losing its strength or elasticity. As the highest grade of spring wire, it is low in sulfur and phosphorus. Its tensile strength when hard drawn is 225,000 to 400,000 psi but flexible enough to bend 180° without cracking. Additionally, it can wind into a close helix with an inside diameter 1 to 1.5 times the diameter of the wire.
- Guide Wire Assemblies: consist of hypodermic tubing and straightened wire. A 36" length of 304 stainless steel straightened wire is selected to fit as closely as possible to the inside diameter of a 30" length of 304 stainless steel hypodermic tubing.
- PTFE Gudie Wire Assemblies: consist of PTFE light wall tubing and straightened wire. These assemblies are made with a 72" length of PTFE light wall tubing and a 72" length of 304 stainless steel straightened wire. Effective for applications requiring lubricity, precision tolerances, and temperature and corrosion resistance.
- Nitinol: also known as Nickel titanium, a corrosion resistant, paramagnetic metal alloy of nickel and titanium. Nitinol alloys possess two unique but closely related properties: shape memory and superelasticity (also known as pseudoeslasticity). Component Supply currently stocks the super elastic alloy, which is kink resistant and flexible. The superelasticity occurs in a narrow temperature range slightly higher than its transformation temperature.
- PTFE Coated Stainless Steel: provides dielectric protection and enhances lubricity of stainless steel wire. Component Supply stocks wire in stainless steel 304, which possesses a minimum of 18% chromium and 8% nickel with a maximum of 0.08% carbon. It is in the chromium-nickel austenitic alloy family, and with its low carbon, it is preferable over 302 for applications requiring welding. The coating thickness is between 0.00016" and 0.00039" and is typically green. However, other colors such as gray, blue, black, white and clear are available through special order. This product can withstand heat up to 195°C (390°F) and can be ETO sterilized.
- PTFE Monofilament: is used in a wide range of applications requiring precision extrusion, lubricity, high tensile strength, optical clarity, temperature resistance and abrasion resistance. This flouropolymer component is strong, lightweight and flexible tubing with a high dielectric strength over a wide range of frequencies. PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) has the lowest coefficient of friction of all polymers. PTFE, also known as Teflon®, is chemically inert, has low extractables and is chemically resistant to acids, bases and all common solvents. This tubing is resistant in the temperature range of 500°F (260°C) to -454°F (-270°C). The melting point is between 635-650°F, the tensile strength is between 2,500-4,000 psi and the specific gravity is between 2.13-2.24.
- Stainless Steel Straightened Wire Lab Kits: a selection of wire in a range of diameters for labs and shops. Each lab kit offers three pieces of 12" wire in every diameter separated into plastic storage tubes, individually labeled, and organized in a high-quality plastic, divided storage box.